Role and Responsibilities
Vulcan Industries is a leading manufacturer of municipal wastewater equipment. We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team as a Custom Control Panel Fabricator. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Construction of control panels. This will involve marking out of panels, drilling, tapping, and mounting control devices. This will also include reading electrical schematics and wiring the components correctly.
- Wiring equipment. This will involve installing conduit, pulling wire, and terminating motors and devices on the machines.
- Testing controls with equipment. This will involve terminating temporary cabling between the control panel and the equipment and running the equipment through a series of functional tests with the programmer and Quality Control.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A 2 year technical degree or electrical/panel building experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Be able to use hand tools, power tools, diagnostic equipment and troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Experience with industrial electrical controls is a plus. This includes three phase and single phase circuits.
- Industrial PLC and OIT programming experience is preferred but not required.