Direct, manage, and coordinate Wastewater Equipment Sales activities in the United States. Work with internal sales personnel and outside manufacturer’s representative force to ensure response to customer requests. Build a balanced pipeline of projects for the overall business. Work closely with marketing personnel to develop sales and marketing tools. Coordinate with engineering, manufacturing and aftermarket personnel to provide effective customer service.
- Maintain heavy schedule of direct contact with Manufacturers Representatives, identify key accounts, and prospective clients.
- Identify projects in the region and work with the rep network to develop them in early stages to ensure Vulcan is the preferred equipment supplier in their specifications.
- Make sales calls and conduct technical sales presentations to engineers, end users, and decision makers.
- Identify Manufacturers Representatives, Engineers, Customers and Prospects that Vulcan personnel should make a visit with. Prepare a briefing document and proposed itinerary.
- Attend trade shows based on selected increased market potential.
- Recruit (or replace) and train Manufacturers Representatives on product knowledge and effective sales techniques to promote greater sales and profitability. The ability to be flexible based on the needs of each Manufacturers Representative in developing their representation of Vulcan
- Confer with the Sr. Management on sales policies, product revisions and pricing changes.
- Keep Sr. Management abreast of market changes and potential new sales leads via reports and close communication.
- Plan/maintain accurate records of travel, meetings, telephone calls, proposals and sales.
- Assist in the development of corporate sales plans, forecasts, marketing plan and budgets to support these efforts.
- Up to 50-75% travel in North America
- Attitude: Ability to work in a high energy environment with minimal direction and supervision
- Knowledge: High general mechanical aptitude, with creative ability to overcome both design and scheduling challenges. Municipal/Industrial wastewater treatment plant design or Operation/Maintenance technical position a plus.
- 4-year degree (engineering/science/technical preferred). Additional business courses a plus
- Experience working with Manufacturers Representative organizations.
- Self-disciplined and possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player committed to working with a team of highly motivated company personnel
- Must be an excellent negotiator and able to close on major sales. Travel required.
- Ability to convey detailed information on equipment issues found after installation with senior management.